Told you already about my gapyear, but to talk in more detail: when I finished highschool in May 2013 (VWO), I first decided to start political studies but before I started, I recognised te fact that it wasn't really my kind of study. So I decided to take a gapyear. Not only because of the fact that I didn't really know what to study, but also because I wanted (and needed) more time to express myself in different ways. During highschool, I almost felt every second like I was trapped in there. I felt like I had to behave in a way everybody expected me to behave. You might see it: when you feel like you need to behave in a way others expect you to do, you'll slightly start doing that and after a few years you don't really know anymore who you were before.
So this gapyear is all about finding myself back. And guess what? I'm pretty good at it. I feel as free as I possibly can. I am free to do what I want and what I love. I've got a lovely job, plenty of time to read books, visit places, go shopping, take a walk, write for this blog, take sewing lessons and design my own clothes, see my boyfriend very often, learn Spanish, might go traveling and (most important): decide what to next year.
My last mission is already accomplished: I decided to start cultural anthropology studies next year in Utrecht. Finally I'll be doing what I'm genuinly interested in.
This picture was taken in Indonesia last summer
May you create,
Wies
Leuke studie! :) en btw over je reactie, ik had exact hetzelfde qua geld enzo maar ze zijn het zekeeeeer waard haha.
ReplyDeleteGoed om te horen dat je nu een leuke studie hebt gevonden! XO
ReplyDeleteMooi dat je een studie gevonden hebt die bij jou past :)
ReplyDeleteWat fijn dat je iets hebt gevonden! Veel plezier nog dit jaar. Ik ben druk bezig (5VWO) met studiekeuzes en dat soort dingen, maar ik vind zo veel leuk. Ik denk dat ik het weet, maar ik ga nog een hele hoop open dagen langs!
ReplyDelete