I saw this movie twice in the cinema. After I read the book for two times. The book was written in 1957 by Jack Kerouac, a legendary author. The story is about Sal Paradise, a young writer and problably the alter-ego of Jack Kerouac, who crosses path with Dean Moriarty. Those boys are totally different from each other, but they both have got that craving for advernture-feeling.
The boys decide to travel across the United States, together with Dean's girlfriend Marylou (played by Kristen Steward, most stunning actress ever yes yes yes) and they make three roadtrips: one to Denver (1947), one to San Francisco (1949) and one to Mexico (1950).
What I liked most about this movie, are all those bueatiful quotes and sentences, written by Jack Kerouac. They really inspired me.
“I was surprised, as always, be how easy the act of leaving was, and how good it felt. The world was suddenly rich with possibility.” Jack Kerouac
Images from Tumblr
You will fall in love with the American landscape and cities, while watching this movie. But you'll also fall in love with Dean, Sal and their friendship. I'm sure.
Has any of you seen this movie before? And have you seen the movies I talked about before?
May you create,
Wies



Leuk artikel! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, die wil ik wel heel graag zien! Ik heb wel eens van Jack Kerouac gehoord en ben zeker benieuwd. :) Liefs, Rowan
ReplyDeleteah die wil ik nog zo graag zien! hij lijkt me echt supermooi!
ReplyDelete