11/19/2013

Favorite | The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences

We probably all know this kind of feeling when you watch a movie for the first time: The 'this is gonna be my favorite movie and I'm going to watch it over and over again'-feeling. I've had this feeling three times in my life and I'm going to tell you about my favorite movies the upcoming weeks. Today we''ll be starting with the first one:



For those who've never seen this legendary movie: it's about Christopher McCandless. He graduated from highschool and his parents expect him to go to university. In fact he's fed up with this materialistic society and decides to get away. You see his journey through the United States on his way to Alaska. The place of absolute freedom. On his way, he meets interesting people. For example Ron Franz, an old priest who wants to adopt him as a son. And Jan and Rainey, a hippie couple who've lost their son. The story has a tragic ending: Chris reaches Alaska but isn't able to find enough food. He has to find edible plants, but it turns out that he eats the wrong ones, which are toxic. 



When I first saw this movie, I was about 14 years old and it directly gave me that you only live once-feeling. The feeling of being fed up with this whole society and just willing to break out the life you're living. I truly think that Chris is right in some way, we live way too materialistic. We don't need money in the way we use it right now. Money makes people cautious.

Photos from Tumblr


May you create,

Wies

7 comments:

  1. Klinkt goed!

    Ik volg je via Bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ^^

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik heb die film nog noooit gezien, maar hij staat al superlang op mijn lijstje, hihi! Ik ben benieuwd naar de andere twee films!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Into the Wild is echt een goede film inderdaad!
    Ik vind alleen het einde zo jammer, ik houd van films met een happy end haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hele mooie film!! Maar ik kreeg wel echt de kriebels...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Een van de mooiste films EVER! <3

    ReplyDelete

May all your dreams come true, may all you creations exist